Information: The primary responsibility of the Crisis Assessment Specialist is to complete a crisis assessment for Douglas County recipients that may be in need of admission to an acute care psychiatric hospital and anyone requesting admission to a state hospital.
Some responsibilities include:
- Conduct crisis assessment interviews including a mental status assessment of suicidal/homicidal risk, and an evaluation of whether this individual meets the inpatient psychiatric admission criteria.
- Provide crisis counseling and determine, as a matter of course, whether the client would be appropriate for referral to outpatient care, or other services as an alternative to hospitalization.
- Conduct all Reform Hospital Assessments.
- Complete all paperwork and data entry associated with the screening and any other clinical work with the client.
- Conduct brief phone assessments to determine the level of acuity on incoming calls to the Access Center.
- Completing intake assessments, diagnosing/treatment plans and making appropriate referrals as indicated.
- Provide referrals and/or schedule intake appointments as appropriate.
Apply at www.bertnash.org/careers